Doing Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi device has several benefits, you can do flashing TWRP Recovery and the other on your Xiaomi device after you do Unlock Bootloader. To do Unlock Bootloader on your Xiaomi device, follow the step by step as below:
- Go to the url http://en.miui.com/unlock/.
- After that you will see the official page of "Unlock Your Mi Device", now click on the button "Unlock Now".
- Now you will see the login page on the next page in Chinese.
- Not to worry, if you use Google Chrome, you can start using Google Translate feature.
- Now type in your username and password to login to the page. But if you are not registered, then do the registration in advance.
- Once logged in, you will see the "Unlock application permissions". Complete the form (Name, Country, Mobile Numbers, Reason) in there with valid data. (For the column "Reason", you can post a message 我的手机是砖砌在启动循环模式.请批准我的请求开锁.)
- After all fields filled correctly, now click the "Apply Now".
- Now the website will send a verification code (6 digits) to your mobile number via SMS. Check your phone to find out the verification code has been sent. This code is usually only valid for 5 minutes, so you have to enter an immediate verification code into a column that has been provided on the website page.
- After you enter a verification code to the fields on the page. Now click "Next".
- After successfully sending the 6-digit code. Then you will be redirected to another page that says "After approval, we will notify you via SMS. If the audit over 10 days did not pass.". So you have to wait Developers Xiaomi to review and approve your application. Once approved you will receive another SMS that normally arrive between 3 to 21 days. Please be patient to wait.
An active Mi account linked to your device, your phone number and it has permission to proceed with bootloader unlock (follow previous steps above). Your device has to be running on MIUI China Developer version 6.1.12 or newer. Xiaomi Developers still work on to support MIUI China Stable version. However if your device is the Qualcomm version of Redmi Note 3, then you can unlock on MIUI Global Stable ROM. (Flash Stock Firmware Xaomi All Models)
- Download and install the Xiaomi USB Driver on your computer.
- Download and install Mi Flash Unlock tool on your computer.
- Download and install 15 Seconds ADB Installer on your computer.
- On your Xiaomi device, turn on USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock.
- After that the Xiaomi connect your device to a computer using a USB cable.
- Once connected, now open a Command Prompt on your computer, after the Command Prompt window appear, now type the command: adb devices
(The command is used to check the devices connected to your computer)
- If you already see your device is connected, now type the command: adb reboot bootloader
(The command is used to switch your device into Fastboot Mode)
- After that, to check if you are logged into Fastboot Mode, type the command: fastboot devices
- If you've found your device in Fastboot Mode, now you can proceed to the next step.
- Now open "Mi Flash Unlock Tool" on your computer, then you will see "Disclamer".
- Click on the "I Agree".
- Now login with the same account as you go to the website page "Mi Unlock" was.
- Now, if your device is connected to your computer, the "Unlock" will be active. If you are active you just click the button.
- Once you click the button "Unlock", now wait for the process.
- After your Xiaomi device status Unlocked, now you can do flashing TWRP Recovery or perform Rooting on your Xiaomi device.