How To Unlock Bootloader Nexus Devices
- Download and Install Google USB Driver on your computer
- Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Please note: (This erases all data on the target device.)
- On your Nexus Devices, Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlocking.
- Then connect your Nexus smartphone to a computer via USB cable
- Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot (If you on Windows, open MAF32.exe file in C: \ Program Files \ Minimal ADB and Fastboot)
- Once Command Prompt window appears, type the command: adb reboot bootloader or adb reboot-bootloader
(This command is used to boot into Bootloader Mode)
- Now, type in the command window: fastboot devices
(from the above command you will see a list of devices connected to the computer, If you can not find the list of devices in this step, check the USB Driver and try to check the Device Manager in your computer)
- Now, give another command: fastboot oem unlock
- Now, you will get a confirmation screen on your smartphone screen, asking you to confirm this action. You can confirm using the Volume Keys to Scroll and Power Key to Confirm.
- After Confirmation, again give another command in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot CMD Window: fastboot reboot
- The Above command will reboot your device into the normal mode.
- Thats All. Your device bootloader is successfully unlocked. Now, you can flash any custom recovery on your device without having any issue.